The Chicago Brewseum condimentally invites you to join us in honor of three of our favorite things: beer, hot dogs, and history. No food says Chicago like our beloved dog, and no beverage is a better match for it than a craft brew lovingly made by some of our city's best breweries. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE >>
THE MEAT OF IT
On the afternoon of November 18th, only 300 beer and hot dog fans from all over the city will converge upon the newly renovated Theater on the Lake, overlooking the breathtaking beauty of Lake Michigan. 18 Chicago area breweries will provide guests with unique beers crafted and inspired by each of the nine ingredients on a Chicago style hot dog. That's right, you'll be enjoying two different beers inspired by: a poppy seed bun, all beef wiener, tomato, dill pickle, onion, relish, sport pepper, mustard, and celery salt. Each of our participating breweries have been randomly matched with their ingredients, providing a challenge to each of the beer makers. We'll also have some delicious beer that goes with the overall tasty composition of a Chicago style hot dog.
Participating breweries include: 5 Rabbit, Around The Bend, Band of Bohemia, Begyle, Burnt City, CHAOS, Forbidden Root, Goose Island, Half Acre, Illuminated Brew Works, Marz, Moody Tongue, Old Irving (with Chef Cleetus Friedman), Piece, Revolution, Rolling Meadows Brewery, Sketchbook, Temperance and Vice District.
Attendees will also enjoy Chicago style hot dogs courtesy of Ball Park. Vegetarian/vegan hot dogs will also be available. Guests will engage in some fun games, have the chance to purchase merchandise and local hot dog art, and dance the afternoon away to the live sounds of the Elementary Penguins and the spinning vinyl of DJ Charlie. A secret speakeasy will offer a unique brew and will provide something special for those who dare to challenge the "laws" of the Chicago style hot dog. It's okay, we're Chicago, let's be rebellious.
Official after party will take place at Paddy Long's. More beer, more meat and more ways to support the Chicago Brewseum!
This event is 21+ only.
- 3 oz tastings of all the beers.
- A welcome beer courtesy of Old Style.
- A Chicago style hot dog courtesy of Ball Park.
- Access to the new Theater on the Lake with beautiful views of Lake Michigan.
- Outdoor games (weather permitting).
- Live music featuring popular covers courtesy of the Elementary Penguins.
- Vinyl spins courtesy of DJ Charlie.
- Local hot dog art available for purchase.
- Access to the secret and illicit Speakeasy.
- An intimate, no to low wait beer event - only 300 tickets are available for sale.
- A chance to support the Chicago Brewseum, a non-profit organization aiming to build the country's first museum dedicated to telling the story of beer.
The Chicago Brewseum is a 501c3 organization aiming to build the country’s first non-profit museum dedicated to telling the story of beer. Our future cultural institution will share tales of our nation’s rich brewing history and celebrate the people continuing to build our unique brew culture. By being a part of this event, you are helping to make the dream of opening our world-class beer museum in our world-class city by 2020 a reality. Cheers to you!